Your feet don’t fit in your favorite shoes anymore because they became uncomfortably swollen? We will help you in this article to get your feet back to their normal size.
First of all, you should know that the condition of swollen feet is not a disease but it is caused by another problem such as pregnancy, diabetes, PMS, standing for prolonged periods, or heart disease. If your swollen feet don’t heal with the following home remedies, consult a doctor because you might be suffering from a serious condition.
Massage Your Feet : Massaging your feet after or during a bath will help decrease swelling as it promotes fluid drainage because massages improve circulation. Apply warm olive oil on your feet and massage the swollen area in an upward motion with gentle pressure. Keep massaging for five minutes and repeat this multiple times per day.
Drink Lemon Water : Drink lemon water sweetened with natural honey regularly to eliminate toxins and excess fluid caused by water retention so you can cure your swollen feet. This refreshing mix is also anti-inflammatory and hydrating.
This remedy works by alternatively placing your swollen feet in cold and warm water.
1. Prepare two tubs and fill one with cold water and the other with warm water.
2. Put your feet in the warm tub for 4 minutes.
3. Quickly place your feet in the cold tub for 1 minute.
4. Keep doing this for about 20 minutes.
5. The significance of the warm water is to encourage circulation while the cold water helps with the inflammation and swelling. Hence, repeat contrast hydrotherapy several times a day to get desired results.
Benefit from Ginger : Ginger has anti-inflammatory benefits in addition to being a natural diuretic. Benefit from ginger by drinking a couple cups of ginger tea or by massaging your feet with ginger oil.