Having a flat belly is a desire for many women and men. Get rid of stubborn belly fat seems difficult for many people. Although, they always complain that they have been working out regularly and following a balanced diet but they cannot lose their belly fat. In this article, we are going to talk about the main causes why you are not able to lose belly fat.
1. You are Doing the Wrong Workout: The majority of people turn to steady-state cardio workouts (such as walking, running, or cycling) to lose pounds. This may help in burn calories and lead to fat loss but it will not affect the waist region. On the other hand, incorporate some weight training into your regime will help in increasing the muscle in the area. The enhanced muscles will make burning fat much easier.
2. You are Eating Processed Foods: Fatty foods such as chips, chocolate, white bread and deep fried foods are one of the main factors that cause overhanging belly. Yes, they are delicious but they are high in saturated and trans fats as well as they have a weak effect on satiety. If you want to lose belly fat, you should avoid eating such foods.
3. You are Stressed: It may be surprising; stress has a direct correlation with belly fat. When you are stressed, your body releases a hormone called cortisol. If you are constantly stressed your body will be subjected to large amounts of cortisol which boasts the dreaded habit of enlarging your fat cells. Thus, your goal of losing belly fat will be difficult to achieve.
4. You Don’t Sleep Enough: When you don’t get enough sleep, your body produce more ghrelin (the hormone that makes you feel hungry) and less leptin (the hormone that helps you feel full). Thus, you will feel more hungry and less likely to feel full after having meals. According to a study anyone who doesn’t stick to the recommended minimum of six hours a night are at 30% more risk of gaining thirty extra pounds than those who sleep more than seven hours. So consider getting the expert-recommended seven to nine hours of sleep at night.
5. Your Age: One of the reasons for not losing belly fats is your age. As you age, your body will have a much slower metabolism which means that it requires fewer calories to function on a daily rate, resulting in them being stored as fat. For women, the menopause causes hormone production to slow down encouraging more fat to be stored in the belly.